Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Lessons Learned

I love the video about the Millennial Generation. I think the only way to really know what students want is to straight up ask them. Hearing those students explain what they wish was available for them through technology was really interesting. I'd like to know when and where that video was taken, because now we have the iPad that can do a lot of the things they requested.

I also learned that involving technology in class has its good points and bad. It can be a great resource, but I also think that school might be the only time that they have a break from all the technology and all the connections with friends through Facebook, Myspace, and text messages. Computers in the classroom, however, is a must for me. Typing and learning how to manage the web are essential tools to life now and if we didn't teach it in school it would be hard to learn about and master.

No comments:

Post a Comment