Wednesday, December 8, 2010

My Beliefs

I believe that it is essential for us to teach students typing skills and how to surf the web. I think students need to know how to find information in a safe and reliable way. I think that it can be used too much however. To me picking up a book and reading it as a class is a great way to connect and I love the feeling of an amazing book in my hand, that's why I am shy towards the idea of electronic books.

In the classroom I was in for field they had a mobile lab for the school, which is a class set of mac laptops that any class can use. This was an incredible tool. Instead of having teachers fighting over the computer lab they have another options of computers in their class. I will be very lucky to have such amazing technologies in my classroom. As well as a smart board. I used one for the first time last month and I was blown away. We barely had a computer lab in my school when I was in sixth grade let alone a touch screen white board.

No comments:

Post a Comment