Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Strengths & Weaknesses

After reading through the NET standards I found that my strengths lie in the Teaching, Learning, and the Curriculum standard. I am usually pretty good at adding technology to my lessons to make them more related and fun for the students. I know they are very tech savvy at that age, especially in the 6th grade that I taught at for field, so I think it is important to incorporate things that they like to do and like to learn about.

I also found out that I have a few more weaknesses than strengths when it comes to technology in my lessons. I am not quite up to date on everything they have these days, so according to the NET standards I think I am lacking in the Technology Operations and Concepts as well as Planning and Designing Learning Environments and Experiences. Since I don't know everything there is to know about the technology that is available I can't be as creative with technology in my lesson plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment